Help with my HP Pavillion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZ-Disciple

Baseband Member
Hoping someone here has had this same problem, but I may be dreaming. I have an HP computer that I regrettably bought a year ago. Was strapped for cash so decided to put it on higher purchase and hope it was a great computer. anyways, I am now selling it on thank God but I can't seem to use the recovery partition.

I have made a recovery CD but when I boot with it it wont allow me the option of recovering my PC. Also when I boot up and hit F10 it won't allow me to recover as well saying it can't find the file restore.log. I can't refresh my computer to the state it was in when bought, which means I have to sell on my comp with all my stuff still on it.

Does anyone know how I can turn this around? Or how I can safely sell it without my information still on the harddrive? Like Passwords and old files etc?

Cheers

Replace the harddrive. Thats about all, or just format it. Get somebody you know has a XP disc to put that on.

There is probs no other way.

When I put another OS on or another harddrive, half the drivers aren't available for the hardware. I can't seem to get around that. WHen I put on XP Pro I can't get the NIC to work or the DVD writer and I think a couple more things..

Is there a way to clear the passwords held in XP? When you clickk on the email addy and it pulls your password up for you I mean. Is there a way to clear those?

Your best bet is to wipe the drive completely, and use someone else's XP CD.

Go to HP's website, and look for the drivers. They should be there.

If not, there should be driver setup programs located somewhere on the recovery CD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom