windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i didnt think you would have to reactivate if you just changed hdd, gfx card etc.

Well tbh they should let you reactivate if you get a new pc as the old copy of Vista would be no longer in use meaning so many copies going to waste. Theres no way i would pay for retail or OEM and then buy it AGAIN just because i got a new pc. Im sure other people would feel the same way.

People do feel the same way i am one of them. But in all honesty it is correct of them to do such a thing. It does warrent a new PC for a new mobo and CPU.

There is no clear cut answer here because as you and me upgrade what about those that dont and buy a new copy with every PC? Is it fair for them to fork out the cash everytime while we dont? what makes us so special that we shouldnt follows the rules as they do when they buy a new PC?

The answer will always upset someone. Most of the time it is the enthusisest. Only cause we choose to be on the cutting edge of the technilogy.

well f*** m$, they should have just kept with the idea of allowing reactivation but only allowing 1 activated copy to be run at a time.

ahhh ok then. Hmmm can u use the 32 and 64bit on different computers? do you get 2 serials? probably dont but worth asking.

I just read the forums over at overclockers about Vista and have found out about the OEM and retail versions now.

OEM can only be installed once on one computer (the first one it is installed on) if you upgrade the motherboard then you will not be able to reactivate your copy as it counts as a new computer. You are however able to upgrade other components like graphics cards and ram etc without the need or reactivating.

With the Retail version you can reactivate as many times as you have to even when getting a new computer or changing any of your hardware. You are only allowed to have it installed on one computer at a time though so you dont get to install on any other computer without the other becoming deactivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom