Time to upgrade vid card, give opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson225

Solid State Member
Time to upgrade vid card, please give opinions.

Hey, the time has come for me to upgrade my video card for the first time since 2004. I have a GeForce 4 440 MX. I have an AGP card slot.

I'm looking for a good card for a casual gamer. I don't play all the time but I like to play some games with my friends online every once in awhile. They all play World of Warcraft, F.E.A.R and a few more of the newer games.

I can deal with the RAM requirements and whatnot I just need to know if the card can handle the games, as you can see my card right now it's a bit outdated and currently dead ( died getting an update because Half Life 2 said my drivers were "outdated".

Here's the card I'm looking at:

ATI RADEON X1650 Pro 512MB AGP http://shopati.ca/product.asp?sku=3122115

I'm really liking the cards low price ( or I think is low price due to me being new to Video Cards). One final question, can this card play games on a decently high graphics level?

Thanks for your time,
D

Nice choice. The 7600GT is just a shade slower, the 7800GS is faster (but more expensive).

Trotter said:
Nice choice. The 7600GT is just a shade slower, the 7800GS is faster (but more expensive).

I could play F.E.A.R and whatnot with the ATI card, all I would need is RAM right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom