overclocking finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
well I don't really have a question I was just really excited because after a lot of reading I finally decided to try and overclock and I have made it from 2.21GHz up to 2.32GHz now I know that isn't very much but hey its a start, and I was just really happy and wanted to tell someone cause it was my 1st time lol. Gonna keep at it and see where I can get to :D

Well I am doing this under the bios and I went to change the voltage up and it seems to be locked or something. Is there anyway that I could unlock this or do I have to settle with it the way it is. I want to know cause I am pretty sure that pretty soon I am going to have to increase the voltage just wanted to figure it out before I get there. thanks

I dunno... what mobo are you running? My DFI has a pretty straightforward BIOS.

I'de say if you want to spend a hundred dollars getting cooling systems and squeezing the life out of your processor for just a LITERALLY unnoticable change (2.2 - 2.4, what like 3-6 fps gaming?) go for it. Personally I'de spend that same cash and go for an upgraded processor from yours!

And of course, you're only as fast as your slowest component.

so I won't be able to get over 2.4? like i said 1st time here so any little info here would help me out alot

You've got a 3500, I have a 3200. I'm at 2.35 right now and will go higher, so I know you can go further.

well i made it to 2.38GHz and I couldn't play any games once I got to either the main menu screen or started to load up the game it would freeze but it could do everthing else fine music, internet,ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom