Need advice for CPU+Mobo purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osias

Solid State Member
Hi

I've recently purchased Corsair XMS2 Duel Channel x2 1024MB DDR2-800 RAM and x2 7600GT SLI(to tie me over untill the 8800 is affordable), and now ready to purchase the CPU, Mobo and PSU.

I've come to a hard desicion though. Should i go ahead and buy the 4600+ and Foxconn 590SLI Mobo, or should i sell one of the 7600GT and get the Intel E6600 CPU?, as i just finished reading the SLI article stickied in this section, and wondering whether having an extra card is even worth it.

But i hear that Nvidia cards don't work aswell with Intel CPU as they do with AMD ?

i agree with nukem. but that board isn't quite gonna work if he's planning on keeping both of those cards.

the 4600+ and the 590sli board should be equal in price to the 650i sli board and the e6300 or e6400 even. eventhough the e6600 is better, for a $100 less, the e6300 is a still a great choice, way better than that AMD.

edit: i just checked the prices and it looks like the foxconn board paired with the 4600+ is $379 before shipping. and the 650i and the e6300 is $342 before shipping. you could even look to slide a 680i board in there such as the evga for $100 more if you want.

Thanks alot for the advice guys.

After seeing some reviews of the EVGA 680i, i have decided to go with that(and probally the E6400 CPU).

But it's way over priced here in New Zealand. Almost double what it costs in the United States.

The cheapest i could find it for was $600NZD, which is $412USD.

If i could find a place in the U.S that shipped internationally, i could get it for almost half of that (about $350NZD).

Could anyone help me find a place in america that sells EVGA 680i and ships all around the world ?

I have been searching around google but haven't come across anything yet =/

Oh i didn't realize you were from New Zealand. I have no idea about shipping to New Zealand. Newegg is where i buy from but i don't' think they ship outside of the USA. Sorry i'll check around though.

Check on ebay, a lot of companies ship internationally listed on there. I am from Canada and i have stumbled across a few good companies.

Thanks for all the help guys, i finally managed to find a couple of traders on ebay that ship the EVGA 680i internationally, at good prices aswell.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom