Sound problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

InNeedOfHelp

Beta member
Hi,
My problem is my sound. I am getting no sound out of one of my speakers. No, it's not the speaker because I also have it hooked up to my stereo with the same problem. Disconnected the stereo and just have the desktop speakers on, same thing. Stereo speakers work fine on their own w/o comp. I have checked all settings for volume balance on the comp and the media player I am using, even tried others just in case (process of elimination..lol). This is driving me nuts. Could it be the sound card? I am getting sound in one speaker so I know the card works, but can it 'blow out" or something so only one speaker will work? Like I said, checked all volume balances, good to go there. I can't figure this out.

Thanks ahead for any input.

What type of speaker is it and model. I had this problem on a Logitech X-530 before, the left rear had no sound, just updated the sound card driver and all was well. The sound card was a realtek something (forgot).

The speakers are Polk Audio, don't know the model type, they're small...lol Soundcard is SoundMAX Intergrated Digital Audio. I have had this comp for about 5 yrs with no sound problems ever. I noticed this problem only today when I tried to listen to music through my stereo speakers and one was'nt working, then I checked the desktop speakers and realized one of them was not working as well. Last time I that I am sure of them working was about 3 weeks ago. I know thats not alot of info, but it's all I have. I just don't want to go out and buy a new sound card if thats not the problem, but on the other hand, it has to be. Like I said in the earlier post, my stereo speakers work fine w/o the comp hooked up, when it is, the one speaker only works. Same on the desktops with or without the stereo hooked up to it. So bottom line, I'm missing half my sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom