Mouse locks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgyman_00

Baseband Member
On windows xp. Have tried mouse drivers provided and default xp drivers. Only freezes when the computer is processing heavily - in a game or when a new window pops up on IE. Its not the mouse as it happened before to an older one. Thanks

a few things pop to mind:

1.spyware or virus problem if that is the case run through warez monsters guide below in my sig.

2.hardware fault either CPU overheating and fan not working or something else(more difficult to find out)

3.to many processes running

I would either go into your BIOS and look for the CPU temp and fan speed and tell us what it is if you struggle to do that download everest found below in my sig. Once installed run it when in the application click the computer icon then sensor it should show you your temps.

thanks

I have followed the spyware removal walkthrough and although a few things were indeed removed, the problem persists. Having installed Everest i can tell you my component temperatures are as follows -

Motherboard 56oC
CPU 69oC
Hardrives 45oC

They seem high!

buggery - it sounds high. I'll take another reading see if it gets higher. Otherwise, i can't think of why my mouse would lock up like it is.

when did this start? Did you install anything? or did it just happen when your pc is under load? how much ram you got?

about 3 weeks ago. Thought it may havbe been connected to the ATI omega drivesr that i installed but have since reverted back to the originals to no effect. I have 1 gig of ram and it only happens really in games, sometimes under heavy load in windows too. Its like the mouse falls asleep for a moment but everything else continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom