Soo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshkid213

Baseband Member
My new pc is in my signature.

Its on order from newegg and Will be here tuesday.

I only had 400 dollars.

How would you guys say I did?

I was leaning towards being able to play Fear and CS source.

I think It'll do

It'll do. 7600GS is nothing amazing, but I would say you did fine for a $400 budget, beats all those suckers out there buying a Dell for $400.
Plus you can always upgrade the vid card when everything else starts to drop due to DX10 cards being released.

Im upgrading to Coreduo or Dual Core AMD next Christmas and Ill probably buy a video card too :)

We have similar systems, except for the graphic card. I have the GT version. But you can overclock it to GT speeds. I can play CSS maxed out on settings, so you should be able to also.

i think that rig is pretty awesome for 400.
the 3700 is a good cpu and you should be in good shape.
which motherboard did you order? the biostar or the foxconn?

Its a good system, but CS:S and FEAR are on other sides of the spectrum, in more than just graphics, though that's a huge deal. While CS:S barely qualifies as a game, FEAR is probably one of the landmark FPS shooters. CS:S takes next to nothing to run smoothly, my friend plays it (extremely well) on a Radeon 9800Pro, and another uses a Radeon 9250SE. FEAR, on the other hand, gives cards like a 7900GT a run for its money. On a 7600GS, which is not significantly better than a 6600GT, don't expect to run FEAR well on good graphics, but it will run.

But that's probably the best system possible for $400. Beats my old $900 system that I bought in Q3 '05. :)

Thanks all.

It'll be here on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'll post results.

This is ganna be a huge **** jump coming from a 1.1Ghz AMD XP processor and a Radeon 9600 SE with 512MB of SD Ram LMFAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom