Cpu cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muttmitman

Baseband Member
okay im giong to post atleast 2twice today i started over clocking and ran all these temp tests and everything. the temp on both cores was going up rapidly on stock cooling i quickly shut it off and returned it to defaults so apparently i need a new cooling solution so i need some suggestions i want to clock to 2.8 ghz and not worry aobut temp if you need to know my case or how many fans and how are they ill post later thanks alot for any help

Hey bro, we need to know what equipment you currently have, cpu, mobo, etc. And if you are on stock cooling, or something you bought to replace what came with your cpu. Let us know...

okay specs are
thermaltake soprano w/ window 2 120mm fans 1 90 side
C2D e6300 1.86ghz
gigabyte 965g-ds3
1gb corsair xms2 ddr800
BFG tech 7950GT
WD 160GB
500watt coolmax powersupply

Edit: sorry forgot to add the corsair xms2 is a dual channel kit 2x512 of course=] incase that makes a difference

I would say step one would be to invest in a good aftermarket cooler. Like a zalman 9500, or thermaltake big typhoon. My zalman made a big difference one I got it installed. Just make sure to apply some arctic silver 5 thermal paste in a THIN even layer. Or you could make the jump to watercooling, but that is a pretty big leap. I know people, including myself, are getting great overclocks using good air cooling with the C2D.

Muttmitman said:
okay specs are
thermaltake soprano w/ window 2 120mm fans 1 90 side
C2D e6300 1.86ghz
gigabyte 965g-ds3
1gb corsair xms2 ddr800
BFG tech 7950GT
WD 160GB
500watt coolmax powersupply

Nice case.:) I have the same one. I have a zalman 9700 and it fits easily into my case. I would suggest that one unless you want to go into watercooling or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom