Help on Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholasp7

Baseband Member
I just got a XFX 7900GS and the core speed is 525 I think. I want to overclock it some and I was woundering if I just need to use that 3D Mark 05 program?

No, 3D mark is not for overlcocking. You need overclocking programs like coolbits, rivatuner, or ATI Tool which supports nvidia cards too. Although I heard coolbits is unstable or inaccurate. Haven't really heard of rivatuner. But I use ATI Tool and it's a good one.

i use coolbits for my 7900gs and it is stable at 550/800.
and its made for nvidia, ie it works through your nvidia control panel.
as far as accuracy, the settings show the same no matter what program i use.

I'd have to suggest coolbits as well, although I'm not able to overclock my 7900GS as high as nagasama for some reason, the highest I can get is 565/685, and it was stock 525/680

I would like to get 3DMark05 can someone please give ma a link to get it. I went searching for it and there are a lot of different versions and patches and I want to make sure that I get the correct one. Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot. I will try that program and see what to do. If someone could please explain some big steps to me that would be great aswell.

nagasama said:
http://oc3dmark.octeams.com/tip02.html

this will tell oyu how to activate coolbits.
its really easy.
jared thats wierd, who is the manufacturer of your card?

The manufacturer is BFG. I don't know if its being stupid like that 'cause I haven't increased the voltage to the PCI-E slot, I'm not quite sure, although I can only increase it 0.1v and that is the only option I get if I remember correctly.

i didnt have to increase mine at all.
i don't know if you should or not...
try lowering the core clock to 550.
then raise the memory clock in 10 mhz increments, test, repeat.
its funny i cannot clock my core higher than 550.
so try that, it may help you increase the mem freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom