Overclocking my 7950GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mine doesn't go any further than 850 at the present time.

Yeah mine idles around 50C when at stock and then about 55C when overclocking, so I guess Im saving around the 10C mark. That's alright. I might invest in one of them, my core doesnt seem to want to go much about 620... after then it starts producing errors (and the system isnt that hot).

Syphanx said:
Yeah mine doesn't go any further than 850 at the present time.

Yeah mine idles around 50C when at stock and then about 55C when overclocking, so I guess Im saving around the 10C mark. That's alright. I might invest in one of them, my core doesnt seem to want to go much about 620... after then it starts producing errors (and the system isnt that hot).
What cooling do you use?
also, have you done a voltmod? my guide for the 7900 GT's also works for 7950 GT's as long as the PCB is the same.
7950's have more voltage regulators though, and a stock voltage of 1.4V - and also goes down to 1.3V when in 2D mode.
Phrantic said:
Does ATI Tool work with all Nvidia cards?
apparently it does, as long as the card uses Forceware drivers.

I'm using just the stock cooling that came with the Leadtek card. I will upgrading to a Zalman once I have the time.

No I haven't done a voltmod yet... What exactly is a voltmod and what does it do?

**EDIT** Also forgot to mention that while my gfx card is now at 550/1660 it doesn't really increase the performance when tested by 3dmark06, it's actually either +-100. What's with this?

Ahh ok then, so to get an increased score through overclocking your system has to be stable. So therefore it's not just ramping the card up as hard as it can go on that cooling solution, but rather when it's still stable... That would produce a higher score?

I have read your voltmod guide and will probably give it a go, but you say that the 512mb cards might not have the same PCB as the others? I'll have a look cause I have the 512mb Leadtek one.

Another quick question, what is the difference of raising the frequency of the memory clock and the core clock? I.e. What does each of them do?

yeh i know that but is it better to increase one more than the other? and like what do each speeds affect within the gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom