Media Player 9 is NOT renaming or rearranging music

Status
Not open for further replies.

provoko

Baseband Member
On my friends computer his media Player 9 is NOT renaming or rearranging music like it's supposed to under tools/options/media library.

He has windows xp home sp1 with all updates and firewall off.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

Well it's been 13 days and I'm sure it's acceptable to bump my own post after so long. =)

I don't have any updates for my friends problem. The only solution I can come up with now is reformatting and reinstalling windows.

Each time WMP is unable to obtain metadata for media library (be it because the computer is offline or because the music database doesn't have the info for that file), it writes to "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\OfflineUpdates.dat" (on Windows XP- I don't know this information for Win9x). "offlineupdates.dat" file, in which case all pending media library information updates will be canceled [Note that the "Application Data" folder containing "OfflineUpdates.dat" is HIDDEN by default, so you will need to turn on Show Hidden Files And Folders under Explorer's Tools:Options:View menu options if you want to search for this file yourself. And since the file is hidden, "Search" will not find this file.
once you find it check the notes in it and see if there's any termination in auto search.
have your friend try to update his wmp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom