Bad Axe 2 & RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

eesotereh

In Runtime
getting the 975xbx2 and was looking at Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel for RAM. All the specs are compatible, except that I noticed the voltage rating of the RAM is 1.95. The ratings of the mobo for ram is 1.8 - 1.9.

In general, is there any tolerances for slightly over or under? Would this be a problem?

If the Bios only goes up to 1.9v the Ram will work but not at the speed its rated at.

Asus, MSI, Gigabyte... all have higher options. Intel boards don't have as many tweaking features as others.

i would atleast think that you would be able to adjust the ram voltage with a little more freedom than that.

eesotereh im pretty sure that you can change the voltages in the bios, seeing as how my mobo was set at 1.8 stock too, as well as a lot of other boards out there. im sure that is just what intel recommends for its board as most ram only requires 1.8-1.9v to opperate at marked ratings.

basically you should have no problem, im almost sure of it.

I can definitely understand that the ram wont perform at an optimal level. But thirdleft, I also felt sort of the same as you about it. Especially that it's .5 to 1 volt over the mobo ratings, I thought is it really that big of a impediment.

but of course theres still doubt in me. its a big purchase. its the bad axe 2. I did think, are there any better boards out there with higher voltage ratings that are about the same price, but then i felt at a loss. I'm not THAT familiar with other brands

i know my AW9D-Max will go up to 2.5v, as i have my ram running at 2.2v right now. however i would wait to get some more replies as im sure there is no way that the intel board will do atleast 1.95v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom