Question About my PC Fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howlz

Baseband Member
Well, I've always had problems with this. Every now and then, my computer fan will become loud or sound a bit off. I usually just wait it out, restart the computer or run a quick air dust over it.
But for the past day it has been making odd sounds. I know it's working perfectly, and I cleaned it out(Which did help abit.) But the problem persists, and it's annoying. Any suggestions you could give me to muffle the sound, or make it go away all together?

Well, what fan is this? Power supply? CPU? Case fans?

Could be the fan bearings are getting worn out, which means it's time for a new fan.

I have no idea how to tell.. I checked the fan, it is made by Cooler Master, and it said CM 12V I believe. If you could tell me how else I could tell what I need...Where to find it that would be nice.. If it is getting worn down I would want to get it fixed this weekend.

just unplug your fans one by one, and see if the noise goes away

If you have a chipset fan than unplug that 2, even your cpu but DONT load windows go into BIOS or something or u have a chance of buring out your cpu if none of that works then its your psu fan,
If you Do however locate which fan it is, replace it and there you go

Ps if its your chipset fan, and you cant find a replacement, just leave it unplugged, as it wont do anything

Pps do u have a heatsink on your Graphics or a fan

I know I have a graphics on my fan, but I am almost positive that it is not the source of the problem. Im pretty sure it is the main cooling fan.. Im not sure what sort it is. Im not sure what I would replace it with really.

Well, Shultzy, I want to thank you for that suggestion. It turns out it isn't my main CPU fan or my case fan. It is the fan on my Video Card..
Anyone know Best Buys or Nvidia's return policy? And how ugren do you think the problem is? I think the video card fan still works fine, it is just annoying

How old is the card, if its less than 12 months than you might be able to return it get a new one, not sure if nvidia do that.

any computer shop might be able to get you a new fan to stick on it, The fans are all the same soo if you have an old graphics card then u might be able to use the fan on that if you have it.
Thats the only thing i have found to be bad about Nvidia, theyre fans are always noisy:p

Have fun, and good luck
Schultzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom