7950GT with 1680x1050 good on games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello Im building a computer on sort of a budget when building a computer and I am getting a 22" Widescreen monitor with a res of 1680x1050. Only problem is while getting this monitor it cuts a pretty chunk of my money 299.99. I was thinking of ditching the monitor and getting a 8800GTS instead of the 7950GT but what good is a sick computer with a crap montior?(17" Dell CRT). You could have the best computer in the world and if you have a 15" monitor and your friends come over...or you want to play games.

You know what I mean? Well Basically I want to know if wit ha 7950GT Ill be able to get the very high FPS that I want on a montior with this resolution.

Games:

World of Warcraft/Burning Crusade
CounterStrike:Source
CounterStrike 1.6
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
FEAR
Unreal Tournament 2007

The real main concern is probably BF and WoW I want very high frame rates with no lag.

So can this video card successfully play these games at this resolution with high frame rates?

It also depends on the rest of your system specs, like your processor and ram. But in a good gaming system I think a 7950GT can make good FPS on all those games, at those resolutions, except for UT07.

I have a 22" and a 7900GT (soon to be voltmodded) and here's my opinion.

World of Warcraft/Burning Crusade - Will play just fine (a friend plays on a 22")
CounterStrike:Source - works great
CounterStrike 1.6 - works great
Battlefield 2 - would work great
Battlefield 2142 - works great on my friends 20.1 (he has e6600 and 7900GT)
FEAR - Max resolution isn't 1680x1050 but some weird 1200ishx900ish one. You'll be able to run it at max settings with the 7950GT
Unreal Tournament 2007 - It would be unrealistic to expect this game to run at that resolution with everything maxxed with a stock 7950GT, but I'm sure it will still look great.

You'll be happy with the 7950GT + 22" as I love my setup with my 22" and 7900GT. Fortunately for me if a game gets too demanding I can just run it on my 19" :p

I don't know which game you're talking about, but both games (BF 2142 and WoW) were running smoothly, so at least 60 FPS.

lol, CS:S could probably be maxed out on that card at those Res's, (atleast as far as i've seen) its not real demanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom