very strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry, with watercooling, even if you push 1.7 Vcore for a suicide run you wont fry it.

It all depends on your temps.

Originally posted by CrazeD
If you screw with the voltages too, you CAN permanently damage your CPU, or completely fry it. I think 1.8 is the drop-dead zone for AMD A64 chips, but almost all chips are around that (look it up to be sure).
I thought I read somewhere that much over 1.65v would fry the memory controller in the AMD A64 chips.

the shutdown on mine was 95c stock yeah right i dropped that down to about 80c.
and there aint no way i'm puttin more than 1.65v to my cpu. for one thing, from what i know tinkering with mine (which i do A LOT), any voltage over about 1.525 doesn't yield any kind of viable result, ie. you have no reason to run it at that high of a voltage, you're not going to clock any higher, and it's stable at way less voltage. your just generating heat. bunches of it.
i can get up to 2.85 on 1.5 volts, and "i'm givin her all she's got, captain". it's not going any higher, period.
if someone can show me results of their x2 4200 rig running at a higher clock then 2850mhz, i'd sure like to see it so i can interrogate you.
p.s. thats on socket am2. the world record is 3.6 somethin with a s939 x2 4200+

I want to boot at 3ghz with my 3500 venice take a pic and then be done, lol. :D

I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to do. With my cpu I have my alarm at like 52*C

lancec2c30 said:
I want to boot at 3ghz with my 3500 venice take a pic and then be done, lol. :D

I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to do. With my cpu I have my alarm at like 52*C

lol and then be like, "i am the king of amd".
if i had my alarm at 52c i'd hear it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom