Is the 680i's still crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello I heard that the 680i's had some problems. I dont know what the problems were so could someone tell me what was/is the problem with the 680i's?

Are they worth the money? I was thinking about getting the eVGA 680i but I need opinions on it because if the problem was just something about the sound on the motherboard well...thats fine. I have a soundcard ><.

I dont think they are worth the money at all. They are still bug ridden and just too high priced. The P5B is a MUCH better buy and is just as good in my opinion.

It is not crap, it is a great board. They fixed the bugs. You just need to flash the bios and install the new chipset drivers. I LOVE the board. As you can see from my sig, it overclocks extremely well and has SLI as an option. It was buggy at first, not any more. The asus he mentions above are good as well. Really up to if you want SLI and control over EVERYTHING in the bios.

The Gigabyte 965P-DS3 is a great overclocker too. It's also a good board if you're not SLIing.

Yeah ^^^^ he is right. Really the 680i is good if your going to go SLI at some point. If not, get one of the cheaper boards and spend more on another componant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom