| Check My C2D Rig |

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsko87

Daemon Poster
| Check My C2D Rig |

Well I have finally got some money together to buy my new C2D rig. I probably should have got the money before I decide on what I want, so some of the parts have changed since my last thread.
I just want your help on confirm a couple of parts. Mainly the video card and motherboard. Here is what I have.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - $445 AUD | $347 USD
Western Digital 250GB SATA II 16MB - $109 AUD | $85 USD
Asus P5W DH Deluxe - $339 AUD | $264 USD
Is this worth paying the extra money for this over the P5B Deluxe. I have heard the onboard sound is pretty bad on the P5B.
Corsair 2GB DDR2 667 RAM (2 x 1GB) - $332 AUD | $259 USD
I might only buy 1GB to start off with and buy the second stick later.
Leadtek PX7950GT 512MB PCIe - $425 AUD | $332 USD
Is it worth paying the extra money for this 512MB instead of the 256MB version. Will I notice much difference? Should I be spending this much on a DX9 card at this stage?

By the way I already have the case, power supply and DVD-RW drive.
Cheers!

I would say get a cheap card like a 7600 or something to hold yourself over till the 8800's drop in price. you can mostly find 7600's for under 100 dollars. They are not intense gaming cards but they work. Or just spend the extra 250 bucks and get a 8800 now.

Hmmm...that sounds fair enough. I suppose it will cut my costs now. Definately can't afford a 8800 series card at the moment.

256MB 7600GS - $144 AUD | $112 USD
256MB 7900GT - $192 AUD | $149 USD

I would say go with the P5B Deluxe, cause all you need to do is update the sound drivers and it will work just fine.

MurdaX said:
I would say go with the P5B Deluxe, cause all you need to do is update the sound drivers and it will work just fine.
Thanks for that. The onboard Dolby Master Studio is tempting with my sound system, but isn't necessary. The P5B Deluxe seems it could be the way to go then.

Thanks for the link FT, I think the prices I supplied would be the cheapest that I could get them in Australia though.

Nice build i'm going for a similar stance although i'm saving money on buying a E6400 and putting it into a GeForce 7950 GT.

Well why not do what I was suggested and go for a cheap DX9 card and wait till the DX10 cards come down in price. Then you can put it into the E6600 instead...?

Well, I do have a complaint about the P5B Deluxe's onboard sound. I have Logitech X-200 speakers and I can't have sound at 100% volume or it gets choppy (specially in games when there's an explosion or another sharp, loud effect). It may be my speakers instead of the sound device, but these are Logitech (cheap Logitech, but still Logitech).

Overall, I still think the P5B Deluxe is a killer motherboard. I'm very satisfied with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom