Custom Built Computer Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacklce

Beta member
Alright, I just put together a new computer from scratch, but when I go to power up, it won't boot. A green light and a red light come on on the front of the case, and also on the motherboard. All the fans are spinning, but I'm not getting any beeps. Nothing beeps, and my monitor won't even come on. The light for the monitor is "orange" and doesn't go to "green" at any point. I've cleared my CMOS, I've tried booting with just the video card plugged in, I've tried booting with just the hard drive plugged in, I've tried booting with both, I don't know what to do. I swear, my brother and I worked on this thing from like 10:00 - 1:00 last night, and couldn't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Motherboard: Abit IC7-G Max II Advance
Power Supply: Antec True330
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB AGP 8x
Hard Drive: Barracuda 160GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA/100
Processor: P4 3.0Ghz 800FSB
Memory: Corsair 512MB DDR400 PC3200 CAS3

Have you tried reseating the video card and RAM?

Did you possibly force the processor? I did that on my first build without realizing it. (Put it in wrong, and then had problems getting the cooling fan to sit on top of it, and forced it that way.)

Like hilowe said I would look at the Video card and the ram as being the culprits here.

Reseat the memory modules or module using a fair amount of pressure until the white clips snap up.

The video card needs to have a dedicated power cable from the power supply. Nothing else can be connected to it but the video card. Reseat the video card and check the molex plug for correct seating and see if that helps.

Sounds to me like everything hooked up direct to power supply is getting power but your Motherboard isnt. If it's a newer board there is a nother square 4pin slot and a compatiable cable on the Power supply. make sure it's plugged in and if your Ps dosen't have one and your motherboard does then you'll need a new Power supply.

ah, thanks, but I called up Abit, and it seems we didn't reset the CMOS right. lol...we did it like 4 times, but it works when we call the people. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom