making links

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
How do I make a clickable link to a network resource such as f:\folder\file so it can be put on a webpage?

1. Sign up to Yahoo Geocities.

2. Post the files onto it.

3. Refer to it on how to post it as a URL link.

talldude, unfortunately it's under a corporate umbrella so that would get frowned on.

kfc that looks like my best solution. I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks to you both.

well wait a second. If this is in a corporate, this might not be the best thing either unless you are your network's admin. You have to open up ports on your computer and change a bunch of settings to make this visible to the outside world.

I don't want it visible to the outside world, just our intranet. So your solution should work fine right?

It worked perfectly Thanks a ton. Now I can really make some improvements to our little intranet site.

good. glad it worked. Now, if you really want to, it is quite easy to make that drive visible from home or anywhere.

I'll keep that in mind for future reference. Might be a good thing...............might not.

Hey, is there a way to use a network drive instead of my PC? That way if mine craps out, the links still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom