Finally ordering C2D setup today....need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but, Im anal, If my comp screws up just once, JUST once even if its in a 2 week time period. Then, to me, its not stable. Which is why Im only @ 2.7 ghz.

I greatly dislike restarting.

Stable to me is when your computer can run at max load for least 12 hours. Even if it has a crash after that I consider it stable as a reset wouldn't really care to me at that amount of hours. That being said, my system is very stable but I just thought i'd say what I would consider stable. Plus if your CPU hasnt messed up in 12 hours of pure torture, theres a very unlikely chance it will crash anytime soon.

Yeah I like to go for 18 hours, even though most guides say to go for 24 hours. A lot of databases, such as the one over at [H]Forums only require proof of a 4-hour stability test though, just a sign of stability not being as important to people as it was just a year ago. There's newer programs out there like OCCT, Orthos, etc but I still like to love me some Prime95. :classic:

Prime doesnt max out my load LOL. It only ran my CPU up to 60pct or so. It did kill my ram though. Thus to make it 100% I ran guild wars in the background ..LOL

I passed lenghty Prime tests and Memtest and my system still crashed from playing BF2...backed off the overclock and BF2 worked fine...so from my experience, nothing beats a cranked up game with 64 players...

Good luck with that nice system B1g....I'm jealous...screw the bragging rights, see how the thing performs with a minor overclock in whatever you use it for and if your games/programs work flawlessly then your good!

and in addition to that, dual instances of prime 95 with the ram maxed out will, as sora says, "torture" your rig far beyond the load it typically will have. exceptions to every rule.
i say, and this is good enough for me, 8 hours minimum (sometimes i go for 12 also when reaching for high o.c.) dual p95 using all ram, then at least one week heavy usage no crashes and no temp issues(i.e. high or crashes).
i am on my computer typically about 4-6 hours a day.
and i have yet to see my loads or temps even remotely reach the level they do during dual p95.

I dont game that much right now since my bittorrent doesnt work on my new computer and my bank account is dry from this rig so I think you get where i'm leading too. I do play guild wars competitivley still and I'm in a top 50 guild in the world.

TriEclipse said:
Mine usually get close during gaming sessions. :(

well, when i say remotely...
i mean the cpu usage is not 100%, nor is the ram usage.
hardcore online fps games for me maybe 60ish %
my temps will reach low 50's dual p95. highest i've ever had while gaming is about 45-47.
which is close enough lol.

I think that your definition of stable should be based on what you do. The most stress my comp will see in normal use is a couple hours of gameplay so a ~4 hour stable run in prime is good for me. Now if you typically stress your comp for 24 hours then you should run the test for at least 24 hours because thats just common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom