I startup my computer and nothing appears on screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried removing and reseating the memory and I'm actually using the computer right at this moment to reply to you. So this should mean that my memory is fine and that either my mobo or cpu could be the problem....:(

no, I reseated the RAM in the computer with the problem and I'm using the computer right now to reply again....I'm going to run a game and monitor my GPU temperature level to see if overheating may be the issue...I don't know but everything seems to work again like it did before but I have yet to see if playing a graphics intensive game will cause the PC to shutoff again.

I'm feeling a slight sense of relief that everything seems ok but I keep thinking that it might happen again because this is how it happened before.

I will be back if it continues with the same problem.

What exactly does reseating the ram actually do?

Is that the only solution to my problem?

Do you have an extra PSU you can test out on it. I just had a PSU go bad on my PVR and it was doing all kinda wierd stuff. Sounds like a PSU or the Mobo is bad.

Also check the mobo for any bad capacitors or any signs of damage.

Unfortunately I don't but the computer seems to work fine since I reseated the ram...and sorry but I don't know what a capacitor looks like :(....if so, what does a "bad" one look like?...but I managed to check my GPU temperature and at idle its around 58 degrees and when I load a game and play it jumps up to around 73 degrees. How do I check my cpu temperature?

capacitors :
capacitors.jpg

capacitors_apple_500x375.jpg

Bad capacitors:
capblown_10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom