final opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just got the monitor at Future Shop three hours ago.

Funny story about it:

I ask for the $230 Acer 19" Widescreen they had online, I show them the page, and they're out of stock in all locations in the city. They pointed me towards the same one with speakers for $40 more, but I didn't want to pay $270 for the same thing with tin cans attached to it.

So, I looked at the 19" ones and saw this beautiful LG 19" fullscreen for $240, $10 more than the Acer, but it looks great and big :D Also has Acer's excellent 3-year repair/exchange warranty, it was a deal. Came out to like $280 with taxes.

cool, seen that in another thread somewhere, i think it was in overclockin and tweaking pc performance...good warranty too, that cover dead pixels?

yea newegg still hasn't gone on to step 2 for the rma yet, im gettin a little curious in what is taking so long, maybe cause it dosent have the little peice of paper with it...

Step 1: Your RMA number has been approved. Once Newegg.com receives your RMA, please allow 3-4 business days for the return to process and a replacement to ship or a refund to be issued.

Step 2: Your RMA has been received and the contents of your return will be inspected shortly.

Step 3: Your RMA has been inspected, approved and posted. If you opted for a replacement, a sales order number will be generated shortly and you will receive status updates and tracking information via email.

That's another good reason to buy locally. They cover all the parts and service, and they cover shipping and the pain in the A$$ stuff.

lol, i know, but the stores around here are double the prices of newegg, and i did not want to pay $100 for my mobo, $110 for my cpu, almost $50 for my ram, and they didn't even carry any matx psu's. so i got a good deal, its only been 2 days since they have received it, so ill wait for 4 days to pass, and call them on monday.

ok, it went to step 3. retards aint gonna replace it, they are going to try and repair it...wasting their time, i know its unrepairable just cause it was probably the southbridge that died, i know the SB was overheating cause there was no heatsink, so, before i even try to boot it up again (well, just to make sure that the mobo boots, then its off again) i am going to get a new heatsink for the SB, plus i need some AS5 because the thermal pad that came with it was total crap. i might just have to live with the onboard video for a while, since i might just pull the heatsink off the mx4000 and put it on there to keep that ******* cool.

well, ive ran on no as5 or anything on all of my pc's, but this is my first realy good pc, that and it has an amd this time, so what will be the temp difference between no as5 and as5 on the cpu do you think? it was running 28C idle, and 34C load with the thermal pad.

Crappy story.

Do you at least have another computer that you can use while your busted motherboard gets fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom