Computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

shook

Beta member
Hi, i brought a new computer in Europe a few days ago and recently arrived in new york. It worked perfectly fine there but when i tried to start it up here it wont do it. The fans spin, but the drives dont. One of the hd's has a green light that turns on when i press the power button but it doesnt spin. The power supply says it accepts 115 and 220 volts. Help??

I dont see any switch on the power supply. Do i need to take it off to acces it?

If its pre-built, the PSU may be regional and may only work in the region it was sold in.

Its usually outside the case but try opening it up just in case.

What do you mean by second port? Another power plug for a monitor?

the second port would be so u can plug your monitor into the port and then ur monitor gets the power from the computfer psu, noting to worry about in most case though.

Yeah, your psu should have a switch on the back of that you can slide to choose the 2 different voltages, if not, then there is a chance its inside or it may just accept both.

Correct me if im wrong but it could be the frequency cause America have 60Hz but Europe has it at 50Hz not sure if it will do anything, but it could

The switch you are looking for is the red one. move it over so it shows 115 if its on 220.

P1010042.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom