Best Watercooling Setup (or close to it)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I hope some of the guys come on here and comment this stuff with some advice/tips. I had the storm rev2 bought and changed it after what I read. You can tell by my build I would have bought it if I could find proof that it really was better for the core 2 duo's. I could care less about the price difference. I thought that if Swiftech puts the review on THEIR site stating that the APOGEE outperforms the Storm for the new intels, then it must be valid. Can you find someplace that tested them against eachother that sais otherwise. If you can man, I'll send the apogee back and get the storm. And thanks again for all the comments.

edit: And where was everyone when I put my original post up about what watercooling componants to get? It is not far down in this thread.. lol

Not sure if this matters either, but the apogee i'm getting is some redesigned one that is supposed to go on sale next week but they had them so the guy is sending them to me. The guy at crazypc said it was just an improved design of the apogee, guess we'll see. I just hope it allows me to overclock the **** out of my system.

I appreciate the feedback, but please site some *proof* for why I should change something up. I literally am getting most of my stuff based off the recommendations in the water cooling sticky in this forum. And I keep referencing different info, which no one else is doing. So by all means, keep the comments comming, but show me where you are getting your info. Thanks.

Well, if personal experience, and a professional relationship with the owners of www.petrastechshop.com is not sufficient evidence that I do know anything about water cooling then by all means, I'll leave.

I have no obligation to help you out and if all I say is going to be disproved/criticized then ****, I have no interest in helping you out...

HAHAHA!!! You get upset because I ask for proof? Come on now. If your proof is just you have used both blocks and one performed better than the other, that is cool. Just say that. All I'm saying is answers like, "that block is not good", with no actual reason don't help me out much in my decision.

Go to this thread :

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75873

and do a search for APOGEE. Maxxracer starts out saying it is no good and then throughout the post people provide proof in the form of reviews that state otherwise. The actual results show the Apogee performing on par with, and sometimes better than the storm.

You cannot get mad when someone on TF wants some proof. Again, even if it is personal experience with the product, that is great too. I somehow doubt you have ever owned an Apogee from how you talk about it but I could be wrong, and if I am, let me know. Have a great night!!

Edit: And I thought the point of this forum was to spread knowledge and fact. Proof and debate should be encouraged. If you are getting "disproved", you are saying that you were originally wrong. I'm assuming you mean criticized/attempted to be proven wrong.

Update: Some guys over at extremesystems.org have brought it to my attention that for quad cores the apogee is indeed superior to the storm, but for dual cores, that may not be the case. It has to do with where the block is concentrated in relation to the cores on the chip. So aspire may be correct in his suggestion when it comes to using a storm with the Core 2 Duo's. Once I get solid proof I will update this post.

I believe it has to deal with the way the storm is more restrictive than the apogee. The apogee promotes a higher flow environment which benefits a cpu die that has a higher heat output. More water= more heat removed.

Whereas th storm is more restrictive, it offer and more efficient thermal transfer rate which helps cpus with a lower thermal output.

This is only true under certain conditions however, for example, a storm may outperform a apogee in a quad core environment if it has a larger radiator or reservoir.

Anyways, that seems to make the most sense to me.

The thought over at xtremesystems was that the storm focuses most of its cooling in the center of the die, which is in between the cores in the case of the quadcores. That is why it is so very effective at cooling p4's. But what apsire states about being restrictive is correct and will effect results as well. In relation to restrictive, a good pump is also necessary due to the 30% decrease in flow caused by the storm. Thank you aspire for the input seeing as how not many people on TF seems to really be into watercooling.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom