Overclocking my 7950GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Righteo guys,
Well Im overclocking my new Leadtek 7950GT. I am using Rivatuner at the moment as I find it easy to use etc.
I have changed to the following...

Core Clock - 590Mhz

Memory Clock - 795Mhz

However when I look at the Rivatuner hardware monitoring menu, the settings for the Core Clock still sit at 570Mhz and don't change, where as the ones for the memory Clock change almost as soon as I change the actual settings. So what's up with this?

Just wondering, what's the most anyone has got one of these things up to, it seems pretty stable at 55C idle temp (it's 50C at stock settings).

Does ATI Tool work with all Nvidia cards? I used to use it with this ATi x300 that I'm currently running in this temp pc, any overclock would result in a crash within 30 minutes, it would never pick up artifacts until it would just crash my entire pc. Could be the software, could be my card.

Pepsiboy700 said:
Its a little faster than my overclocked 7900 GS which is at 700/1700.

Is that with stock cooling?
Mine is now at 585/1630. It is about 53-55C idle and about 75C under full load from the ati tool artifact test for 5mins.
I know the slowdown threshold on the cards is 130C, but what is a safe temperature to operate them at?

In Rivatuner you have to select "performance 3d" not "standard 2d"...a common mistake why it isnt showing up...

Phrantic said:
Does ATI Tool work with all Nvidia cards? I used to use it with this ATi x300 that I'm currently running in this temp pc, any overclock would result in a crash within 30 minutes, it would never pick up artifacts until it would just crash my entire pc. Could be the software, could be my card.

I have a friend with an X300 SE and the same thing happens to him. :amazed:

Oh ok thanks vaderpro.

I can't get my gfx card over 600mhz core speed, will I need to volt mod it? And if so how do i do that?

I can get it to about 570/820 (memory could probs go up to 850), but any higher than that and artifacts start showing.

So... What next? Temps under full load are about 78C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom