Are my temps too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm i'm using RivaTuner... I'm pretty sure the bios says the say thing (but obviously it can't measure the temperature while under load). So I don't think it's a sensor issue.

Lord AnthraX said:
Little high if you ask me.

With AS5 and a Zalman 9700, I idle at 18C with stock voltage.
That is not possible. I'm sure your ambient room temperature is higher than 18C.

When you put the thermal compound on, just put a really small drop in the very center of the CPU. Just a drop, about the size of a BB, and then put the HSF down on top.

oh... is that all? I didn't actually put the thermal paste on, but i saw my friend do it. It wasn't AS5 or anything, just this other stuff, but he put a fair bit on there. like in a zig zag down the chip. So I think that is that's wrong with it...

Next question then, How do I get it off cause I will re-apply some as5 and get a new HSF for it.

Phrantic said:
That is not possible. I'm sure your ambient room temperature is higher than 18C.
yeah dude, i cant help but smell a great pile of turd myself

Syphanx: check your temps with Core Temp. I believe it's the most accurate out there, differing from Intel's Thermal Analysis Tool by 1 or 2 degrees.

Your temps a bit high. What were your temps before OC? What specific conditions are you reporting as Load Temp (SuperPi, Orthos, games,etc)?

PS: when measuring load temps in a game or another full-screen program, just use CoreTemp's logging feature and review the log once you're done with the test.

The computer must be outside the garage for the CPU to idle at 18°C... under a foot of snow!

Meithan said:
Syphanx: check your temps with Core Temp. I believe it's the most accurate out there, differing from Intel's Thermal Analysis Tool by 1 or 2 degrees.

Your temps a bit high. What were your temps before OC? What specific conditions are you reporting as Load Temp (SuperPi, Orthos, games,etc)?

PS: when measuring load temps in a game or another full-screen program, just use CoreTemp's logging feature and review the log once you're done with the test.

The temperature before overclocking was about 50C.
Load temp I am using Prime95's torture test with the "blended option".
I'll download that Coretemp utility and see if my temperature ranges different in any way, but im guessing it wont.
I'll let ya know.

**EDIT**
I've just downloaded and installed Coretemp, it comes up with the same temperatures as Rivatuner, about 58-59C when idling.
The Tjunction temp is 85C (What is that by the way cause it seems awfully high...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom