best way to get rid of drivers, plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok so I am have been playing with computers for a little while now and I am still very new with it all and I got a new video card and I think i am having problems with the drivers, so I was going to delete them and reinstall, i did this once and had no luck, so I am thinking that I might have missed some from my old video card if thats possible? So my question is what is the best way to delete and make sure you get all of the drivers for my new card, and is there any way I check and try to find my old video card drivers if I missed any of them? I don't really want to take it in cause they said it would be about $70 fix everything, So i figured I would try to fix it 1st and then if I mess it up I can then take it in lol. thanks

The one thing I can tell you is to be patient and wait for someone who knows what they're talking about here to help you. Just PLEASE don't pay 70 bills for some slackjaw to install your video card. Why do you think you may have not deleted something anyhow? Is the card not performing as expected? Not at all? What exactly is the problem with the machine?

ok thanks alot for the replys i'll see what i can do. to answer your question I had a 6600 and upgraded to a X1900GT guy told me i would see a huge improvement. Well after I got it all installed and put in Command and Conquer Generals and it had problems playing that not even with the settings all the way up, i figured something was wrong so i put in a diff game and it did the same, so I am going to work with the drivers and see what I can get done with them and then if that dosn't help I am going to take it back and ask what the deal is with the card.

yo, i didn't read everyones replies. I had same issues going from ATi to Nvidia and vice-versa. The companies made it such to keep multiple switching and to stay with their brand! Anyway there's a small easy program (that's free) called the 'detonator'. I believe it can be found at guru3d.com, but it might take a small bit of searching :). Hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom