Can anyone help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

highvoltage

Beta member
DVD burner issues!!!

Hello,

I'm new here so take it easy on me. I'm also not that computer savoy. But hopefully someone can lend a hand.

Here is my problem:

1 .I have an HP Media Center PC m7350n. About a year ago it crashed and my friend had to reinstall windows for me. In doing so my light scribe DVD burner is unable to read or burn CD's but is able to read and burn dvd's. My other disk drive which is a dvd-Rom is able to read CD's.

2. My other problem is that on the face of the PC I have an audio/video card with usb and firewire inputs which seems to also be inactive. It came stock with the pc I didn't add it.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks guys.
HV

Did he use the recovery partition from ur comp, or a CD that he had?

Bruce said:
Did he use the recovery partition from ur comp, or a CD that he had?

I pretty sure he used the recovery disks that I made when I first bought my PC. What does this mean???

What superdave said, go into devicemanager and uninstall it and reboot. Hopefully it'll put in the right drivers. If not you may haveto search HP's site for drivers.

Bruce said:
What superdave said, go into devicemanager and uninstall it and reboot. Hopefully it'll put in the right drivers. If not you may haveto search HP's site for drivers.

Yeah, I tried both of those tips. Niehter worked out!!! Do I have any other options???

That would probably be the solution, I had the ssame problem reinstalling an old PC with windoews without using the recovery partition and I had to search online as well as on some recovery disks (that fortunately came with the PC) to reinstall and get all the stock hardware to work again. I'm no expert but like everybody else said drivers.

hmmm you might wanna ask your friend

the proprietary drivers(hence y recovery discs are prompted to be made and included in the HDD) these can be found using your model # @ http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers if memory serves me you have one of the media centers m7000 series D/L all of the updated ones listed in the website above..all of them...the media centers had interdepent parts that may need something in another for all to work
seems like you need the new firmware for the DVD drive the model # you see in the device manager may not match the device but i believe the 7350 had the first generation drives so an update is called for anyway...other wise its might be damaged...a new LS drive from BENQ might run u 30-40 bucks and as for the sound card/firwire issue the drivers on the website should handle it....the sound card is intergrated and the fire wire should be handled by that driver but try all that apply it can't hurt
here is some imp info on the recovery discs if needed
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1818343&os=228&lang=en

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom