OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
hey whats up. I just oced from a intel 2.66 to a 3.04. The core is a northwood. Anyway.. i have watercooling so thats not a problem. But what is.. is that when i play a game, eaither the computer crashes or the game crashes. I already increased the V core to 1.600 or around there. Do u think its the v core or did i OC it too much that it becomes unstable and i should decrease the CPU frequency? Also, someone told me i can get atleast 3.1 out of this. Do u think i can get 3.1? or more? Thanks.

It sounds like your windows might not like the overclocking, I have that problem sometimes. Lower it a little and see if the games will run, also update the graphics drivers and if you wish to get a better bios

well right now i upgraded it to 1.625. I think its working now but when i did a CPU stability test (for 24 hours) when i came on this morning it was restarted. I dunno if it was required for it to restart or it did it on its own.. but... i will see try and get a better bios and update graphics drivers.

When I overclock my computer it does one of two things, it either restarts endlessly or works fine. If it keeps restarting one thing to consider is if the computer has enough power.

Does your motherboard support locking the AGP and PCI bus? Sometimes not locking can cause problems, your video card may not like being pushed so high.

well i mean... i only raised the CPU frequency not the PCI/agp frequency or w/e its called. So i dont think its my video card. But i have it on 1.625. So when i play a game i will see if it restarts or not.

also.. it says CPU:ram ratio. What should i put this on? will it effect the performance or is this the reason why its restarting by its self?

I would put the voltage at about 8-10% higher than defualt. But i dont know how your bios works so i cant give a good answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom