ATi's DX10 R600 Performance Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lies, lies. Like the above poster said, the tests weren't comparable btw the g80 and the r600, since different hardware and drivers were used. I'll bet somebody a paypal $1 bet that the G80 outperforms the R600 as soon as more reliable tests come out.

It's not like the 8800 is getting owned. Just a few frames. But, yea....that inquirer article did make some good points.

b1gapl said:
It's not like the 8800 is getting owned. Just a few frames. But, yea....that inquirer article did make some good points.

The G80 isn't getting it's fair shot. The tests had different parameters and hardware setups. It's completely skewed and biased. This is all propaganda and marketing hype. ATI is behind this... and they're trying to stir up the tech market, which is only made up of desktop gamers who read these kinds of reports. That's probably why this report looks like an official benchmark comparison test.

Fact is, this website is completely new. It's sole purpose for existing is this one R600 article. It tries to put itself on as reputable, but it is hardly "Known for Knowledge," more like "Known for a single suspicious R600 benchmark." Besides, what's the chance of this one lone, completely minor website getting R600 samples and releasing reviews before someone major such as Anandtech. They're breaching NDA, you say? Well, like The Inquirer said, you're already in enough trouble for that, a few stickers aren't going to stop you from revealing the whole thing.

I think I might start up a website showing the very first review of the G90. 2000Mhz Core Speed, 4500Mhz Memory (effective), 2GB DDR5 video RAM. Ofcourse I won't have any pictures of the card since they...don't exist yet, but other than all that, its perfectly legit. :classic:

Just noticed the search and comments function, all being bollocks. If you look at the website other than its featured article, you will clearly see it's a hoax. And who make a hoax like that? Can only be an AMD/ATi stakeholder like a representative or some fanboy.

Lol, yeah, that too is faked. Check out part of their disclaimer;

Disclaimer:

We are not taking any responsibility and/or liability for any content on or connected with this website or any links linking to or originating from this website.

So if someone goes out and sells their G80 and buys a R600 based on this article, and the R600 flops, they can't blame Level505. :rolleyes:

ATI may have a faster video card, but that doesn't mean they get my money. That also doesn't mean that it solves their driver problems.

You can get a eVGA 8800GTX for $560, then do a $30 mail in at newegg.... and I have read eveywhere that R600 will be very expensive. AMD will have to charge a lot for it to make up for the lost money after the ATI purchase...

Graham said:
You can get a eVGA 8800GTX for $560, then do a $30 mail in at newegg.... and I have read eveywhere that R600 will be very expensive. AMD will have to charge a lot for it to make up for the lost money after the ATI purchase...

And for all the money they lost after Conroe... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom