usb ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade2006

Solid State Member
usb nightmare

Hey all , i have a nightmare of a problem at the moment and its my **** usb ,it just wont let me use my little usb thingies like digital camera, card readers, usb sticks,mp3 player, however my mouse , printer, minidisc all fuction fine , the computer makes the little noise when you plug somthing in or take it out but its not there when i look for it in my computer , all tests show that all drivers are installed and upto date so i am at a complete loss and i am seriously debating on a format and new os install but am trying to avoid at all costs due to lenghty back up process , please help i would like to email my drunken nw yr photos to friends and family

wes

Are you using the USB ports right on the motherboard, or ones on the front panel?

Sometimes front panel USB ports aren't as fast as the rear ones and some high-speed (USB 2.0) devices won't work in them.

When I plug my flash drive into my front USB ports I get a BSOD, lol.

oops sorry for not mentioning that , no unfortunatly its the both the front panel , and the mother board , thanks guys und girls

ok , now i have just been looking around , and in the device manager i can find my mp3 player as a storage disk but at the same time i can not access it , weird

blade2006 said:
ok , now i have just been looking around , and in the device manager i can find my mp3 player as a storage disk but at the same time i can not access it , weird

try this. right click my computer, select manage.

disk management. then see if you see the device there but it is using a letter that is already taken maybe? right click the device in the right pane and change the drive letter.

thanks mate for the advice ,, ok i managed to change the device letters to ones that were not used and by right clicking on them while in the management winow i can even open them , but when i open my computer with a standard left click it still will not show my new drives , at atleast now i can get my pics off my camera thanks heaps

wes

blade2006 said:
thanks mate for the advice ,, ok i managed to change the device letters to ones that were not used and by right clicking on them while in the management winow i can even open them , but when i open my computer with a standard left click it still will not show my new drives , at atleast now i can get my pics off my camera thanks heaps

wes
glad that it helped you some

yeah after you get your stuff off of there and get backed up I would suggest that reformat and reinstall. maybe.

have you tried at the run command /sfc scannow ?

that will run the system file checker. one thing you can try before you reformat

hey all i just noticed somthing and i am not sure if it means anything but my harddisk is partiioned three ways equally with c: being the system disc d: storage and e: the boot disc , should not the boot disc and the system disc be one and the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom