CD burning question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you forgot to have the BIOS save your setting.

Burn the ISO as an image, and there ya go.

Well, I guess I'm just an idiot cause I can't get it to work.

Thanks anyways.

CrazeD said:
Yes...

It never even came up with the "press any key to boot", it just went straight to windows...as in, it wasn't booting from it.
Yea, I often have that problem... try using another CD tray, for some reason... only me DVD drive will boot cds.. and my the Microsoft "Elite" Wireless Keyboard also has issues booting. When it asks, you have to press the "Locate Device Button" on the controller that goes into the computer. Otherwise, try re-burning the disk, or try using another keyboard.

Depending on what you are trying to burn, some CDs require a specific boot configuration so your OS can tell what it should do with the cd without you giving it instructions. In programs like Nero, you can supply a boot file (which is only a tiny bit of data), these are files that, if you're lucky, you can get off the internet. I can imagine that' Hiren's Boot CD' has a boot record on the cd itself, if not it would be very ironic... Look for it, the extension would be .ima

If you have a file like that, use your Nero 7 and supply that boot file, add the ISO file and burn it. (sometimes it works better to mount an ISO file on a virtual disc with programs like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools and then copy the whole content to your harddrive and burn that).

First off I wanna say, an ISO is NOT necessarily a bootable CD. an ISO is simply an image of a CD typically used for copying it.

Second, boot to windows, put the CD in the drive and open the CD. What files does it list? If it lists the image, you didn't burn correctly. If it lists other stuff, it did.

If you have nero smartstart, just select the backup tab, and scroll right, you'll see an option "Burn image to disc" Otherwise open up "Nero Burning Rom" Select CD(ISO), Select the ISO tab, and hit open. Find the ISO you want to burn and proceed from there.

Burn at half maximum speed too, as it'll help prevent errors.

If you've burned it okay, double check your bios to make sure it's set to boot from CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom