CD burning question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I didn't know where to put this, so I stuck it here. Feel free to move it.

So, I'm a newb when it comes to burning things...'cause I never do it.

I downloaded this thing called "Hiren's Boot CD". Someone posted a link to it one time, so I downloaded it. Apparently it has a lot of useful boot utilities.

I'd kind of like to try it out, but I'm not sure how to do it. It's in ISO format. There are several options, I'm using Nero 7. Which option do I choose?

Might be a dumb question, but I don't want to ruin a bunch of CD's. :)

An ISO is a bootable disc image.

When you boot up your computer, the ISO will give you a menu asking what you want to do.

To burn an image or iso to a cd-rom, I use a quick, easy, and free program called ImgBurn. Which you can download by clicking here. When it's installed, insert a blank disc into your Cd/dvd burner, find the iso, and right click and go to "Burn with ImgBurn". (Or you can go in through the actual application). It's that easy... then when it's burned you can reboot and boot to the image. Usually when you boot it might say something like "Boot Selection, choose boot device" or something like that. If not, enter setup with the key it tells you (often F1, F8, or DEL)... and find somewhere in CMOS where it says "First Boot Device" and change it to your CD drive or whatever the boot disc you burned is in... then change it back to your harddisk/boot device when your done... if your running Mac OS read this, or if your using linux read this on burning ISOs/images.

I tried burning it to an ISO with Nero, and I couldn't boot with it. ??

Yes...

It never even came up with the "press any key to boot", it just went straight to windows...as in, it wasn't booting from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom