Physics Card??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yathe game has to know that there is a ppu, so that it can utilize it. The only person here that possibly had one is TheEnd. And alot of us thought he was just full of **** about his computer.

GRAW is the only game that I know of that will recognize it. PC gamer did a review on a ppu and said that try as they might could not find any differences in the game GRAW noticable by the human eye.

PC Gamer is noob. -.-

There were plenty of differences. They just weren't very substantial, and certainly not enough to justify the then-$300 price tag. The differences were quite visible, maybe they just had to be pointed out. In the end, there wasn't nearly as much improvement as there was supposed to be, and overall performance did not increase at all (and in some cases, the average FPS dropped).

There's needs to be a [very popular] game that makes full use of the PPU's capabilities for it to even be considered by the majority of gamers. This often-discussed "killer app" is hoped to be Unreal Tournament 2007, but time will tell.

the 8800GTS and 8800GTX have Physix Cards inbuilt in them

512MB for the Graphics card and 128MB or 256MB for phsix deping on which card you get

As of now, no it's not worth it. However, I do hope it gains some momentum. It has great potential if it has a few more generations under it's belt and drops in price. However, by that time the vid market will have their own PPU intergrated, or something similar to it. They are already working on it, and may already have a few released with that potential, although I'm not sure on that one. So, short term nah, not worth it, long term if they beef it up and software takes full advantage of it then **** yeah it'll be worth it but give it alot of time to mature.

ahh... i promise you and will even put money on the table that in about 10 years games will require or recommend a PPU...

O and about the differences in graw, my friend has graw and a uber PC.. he is a graw freak so spending $300 isnt so bad 4 him.

I played Graw on his computer and noticed that explosions look so cool, i mean instead of 10 things being pushed or exerted out of the explosion, their are prolly 100's. Then i played Graw on my comptuer and felt inferior. I almost went out and got myself one. :D

Maybe PhysX next model will put more into their model and hopefully by then their will be many games to support it. Whenever this happens i promise ill get one.

Physics cards are a complete waste of money. No games support them. Spend your money on something that can really increase your performance like a better graphics card or just save your money. Its about as bad as getting one of those Killer NIC cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom