CPU temperature! please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmarshall

Beta member
Hi. I am running a pentium 4 630 3.0ghz prescott and under idle it is around 49 degrees C and under load it goes up to around 61-61 degrees C. I am wondering if this is normal, and more importantly safe. Can u help me out? Also, I have just upgraded to an Intel Core2 Duo 6600 2.4ghz. At idle it is around 46 degrees C and under load it is around 55 degrees C. Once again, is this normal and safe? If anyone has the maximum temperatures these two CPU's can handle it would be much appreciated. Thank you

P.s the P4 is using the standard intel cooler. The Core2 is using a Thermaltake Blue Orb.

It normal for the P4. Not sure about the Core 2 since I haven't used the TT HS/Fan but 55 is fine under load.

Thanks a heap. I've been running a few things now on the Intel Core2. The max temp its been getting up to in WoW, HL2, CS:S and Oblivion has been 49-50. Dunno how i got 55 :S Maybe the room temperature or something. Anyway, I reckon thats gotta be fine. Thanks for your help.

Another heat problem. Mine has always measured in the 20's (normals about 20.2) - but the fan is ungodly noisy. Can't do any voice/microphone work with it running. Quiet machine/fan, less heat dissipation, higher temp. Just my o...

Another heat problem. Mine has always measured in the 20's (normals about 20.2) - but the fan is ungodly noisy. Can't do any voice/microphone work with it running. Quiet machine/fan, less heat dissipation, higher temp. Just my o...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom