bsing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

look at the commit charge, for those of you who dont know what that means, its the total amout of memory in your system has virtual and physical. mine is set to 5229m total. i was told i could allocate that much but not use it. i used 5088 megs at the time of the snap and i peaked at just under 5210. i as you can see i used a memtest to do it.

i would like to see how you prove this wrong. jumping bean, im not being an a@@. im am trying to teach people things and they are totally ignorant to learning or researching, unlike you cuz you said you were going to look into something you did no know. but all these people are talking about it like they know it and they dont.

Why are there holes in the image, specifically in the task manager? Has this image been altered or is it messed up? Or is my computer displaying it wrong? Also, why is the tops of the tabs cut off in the image?

lol you take a snap shot of your computer with 5 gigs of memory being used i could hardly get out of it all to post this. it has not been altered you guys can try it for yourself. but like i said 5 gigs of memory being used and the computers gonna be jumpy.

i do apologize if i was an ahole about it, but understand i do this for a living and i was trying to teach people something that they got wrong and they would not listen or even research to find out.

turtile all i was trying to do is teach you something, that you could do this, and windows 32 bit can handle it, that you can allocate it and use it. so many people get it wrong. i hope you understand and if i was rude i apologize. but please at least admit you were wrong and you did learn something.

King X13 said:
lol you take a snap shot of your computer with 5 gigs of memory being used i could hardly get out of it all to post this. it has not been altered you guys can try it for yourself. but like i said 5 gigs of memory being used and the computers gonna be jumpy.

Makes sense, I can understand for the picture quality. On a side note, hears something someone sent me when I asked for proof of ram running slower when you use over 2 gigs. Its an interesting read, helped me a lot at the time.

http://techgage.com/article/4gb_trials_and_tribulations/1

Edit: I just looked at who gave me that link and it was "Elbatrop1", I credit him.

trieclipse you called it BS and then change it quick lol im not out to lie, this is cold hard fact. and its not x64 that os is crap and doesnt support half the programs i use. like i said you guys can try it, most of us have over 1 gig of system memory, set your page file to 4096 and run the memtest to load the memory.

2GB densities just came available but most are only DDR2 667 so its still won't be as fast as the best 2x 1GB.

Why don't we sum the post up:

3.2GB Physical Memory for Applications

800MB Physical for Windows

4GB Virtual Memory

3.2GB max vas for each program

The total vas for all programs combined is 7.2GB

Sticky it

well i am disappointed that you cant admit when you are wrong and apologize yourself for not keeping and open mind and learning. but its ok.

second you are still being wrong about the memory. 800 meg of memory is not it any way shape or form needed for windows or reserved for windows. you can run windows fully functional with 128 meg or ram and still run programs so that makes no sense dude.

Third VAS and nothing to do really with memory and its limits you need to read up on that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_address_space

its how the memory is allocated and says specifically nothing to do with physical memory. since the best way VAS operates is to write to the page file but has nothing to do with the size of it. so like i said VAS has nothing to do with this convo.

the total memory your system has is called the "commit charge" like i pointed out in tasked manager, that is the total physical and virtual memory and they are 2 completely different things. the total commit charge your system can have is 8192, 4096megs of each physical and virtual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom