Which processor is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

culhann155

Solid State Member
Hi im pretty new to computers, and just want a bit of advice on processors. Basically i have the chance to buy either an Intel Celron D 352 processor or an Intel 64 Bit Dual Core processor 820 and was wondering what one would be better for gaming, i read that the Celeron 3.2 Ghz does alright with gaming, but then again have been told that this isn't the case. The Intel 820 is only £15 dearer so would i be better with this.

I want to be able to play games like Battlefield 2 online and i know that the 820 has two 2.8 Ghz processors, but does this able you to play games that require you to have higher than 2.8Ghz seeing that it's working out at 5.6 Ghz.

I know i may seem stupid to some but as i say i am pretty new to computing.

Thanks.

You'd be better off with the 820. That's only if it HAS to be one of those two, intel makes much better processors than those two. Also the dual core thing doesn't work that way. I'm no expert on it but I know it doesn't have 2 cores running at 2.8GHz, if that was the case, those chips would be EXTREMELY fast. I think it's two cores running at 1.4GHz, or something like that, like I said I'm no expert on dual core.

Nah, they both run at 2.8ghz, but it's not like you have a 5.6ghz processor.

I wouldn't really get either, but if it comes down to it, get the 820.

Yea get the 820 like everybody else said. Celerons are just good for internet and word applications.

Thanks for the advice everyone, i think i'll just go with the 820 and then upgrade it again in a few months time when i get a bit more money, thanks again

E6300 would serve you alot better but if I would also go the 820 if you had to pick one of those CPU's, I uses to have a 2.6 Celeron and I could not play anything at all. Not even COD

Well i sent of for the 820 but was wondering what voltage of PSU would i need to get for it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom