Its done!!!:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared17

In Runtime
It is FINALLY done!:D My video card arrived today and my computer is now up and running, there are a few more minor things I want to purchase but the bulk of it is done, and **** is it fast! Just wanted to thank everyone for all the help, it was my first build and went together without a hitch, started up first time with no problems.

It was an awesome experience, and well now I'm addicted to computers officially haha.

Hope to post some benchies and pics soon, have to get them off of my old computer first.

Haha sorry sorry! I should of known haha.

Ok well it is a Gigabyte 965 S3, together with a gig of Corsair value memory 667mhz, Silverstone Nitrogon NT06, and none other than a Core 2 Duo E6300, and TWO 300 gig Maxtor Sata harddrives (model name is slipping my memory at the moment) and a sony dvd burner. OH and did I forget to mention my BFG GeForce 7900 GS OC?!

For now I'm using the PSU that came with my NZXT Apollo case, but it will be upgraded soon as well as another gig of memory added so I can run dual channel:)

Some case modding is also going to be done in the next week or so, that I think will help it out as far as looks and performance goes.

Have yet to overclock, that will be done this weekend since the girlfriend is gone on a trip with her family, so I'll have lots of free time haha, thats so mean but its true haha.

Will update when possible, pics tomorrow or friday hopefully as well. Stay tuned.

Haha, first I want to overclock it a bit and really get the handle on it. I was also curious guys, what would be some good temperature monitoring programs. I have easytuner, and it says my CPU is running at roughly 23 degrees celsius(spelling? lol) my the Nvidia control panel says my GPU runs at about 46-50 degrees, although this is not under load, unfortunatly until I get a good temp monitor I won't be able to check my load temps. I'm also going to need alot of help with the overclocking, I have a general idea but I might need someone to hold my hand, figuratively speaking haha.

I wouldn't overclock 'till you get a new PSU.

Seriously dude, that NZXT one is going to blow up any time now. Invest in the computers heart please.

for the video card use nvtemplogger to monitor temps, it isnt widely known but easy and very effective. You can have it log your temps from a time you set until you disable it then you can have it graphed in excel. If you have that. Otherwise just run 3dmark06 and let it set in the corner.

Another thing it is handy for is setting a temp alarm. just type in a temp and hit set.

For the cpu, everest works well. everest home edition has a free version.

You can use Rivatuner to overclock your gpu, or the beta version of atitool is compatible with nvidia cards.

Thanks lance, I'll be downloading those tomorrow then. And to Anthrax, a new PSU is definatly in order, I've heard that the PSU's that come with cases aren't the greatest so I knew it would have to be swapped, but it will have to wait until my next paycheque, which is only a week a way so no biggy, I'm definatly going modular because it will help with the Mod I have planned for my new love haha.

Ok, little update for everyone, downloaded nvtemplogger, upon lances' recommendation haha. It is showing my highest temp at 60 degrees, I think that is fairly good for a 7900GS or so I've read anyways. I haven't got a chance to check the CPU temp as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom