Dvd problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilanncc1

Beta member
A couple of weeks ago, I started having problems with my DVD Burner. It recognizes commercial DVD's and copied DVD's and blank DVD's, but it will not recognize any type of CD at all. I usually burn DVD's, but on this particular day, I had burned three CD's with no problems. I tried to burn another CD and my computer stopped responding. It finally gave me an error: Incorrect Function and another one is: Please insert a CD (even though there is one in the drive. For the past 2 weeks, I have tried everything I can think of, including different brands of media.

My son bought me a Sony External burner for Christmas, so I figured I let the other burner just exist. Yesterday, I went to make a data backup CD and the Sony burner will not recognize any type of CD at all--just DVD's. This tells me that it is not my burners, but instead something in my system.

Finally, last, I reformatted my hard-drive and put the operating system back on it. I have no other software installed except my anti-virus and firewall.

My DVD drive still will not recognize a commercial CD (Windows XP Pro) or any other type of CD (but it still recognizes DVD's). The same thing with the Sony External burner.

I have made sure that I have all my drivers updated, but I still cannot get either burner to recognize a CD of any kind.

Can someone please help me?

I finally got the External burner to recognize and burn a music CD. I have given up on the internal burner and will replace later.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom