uninstalling McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmillarkat

Baseband Member
I just bought Nortons Prof. AV and want to un install McAfee from my home computer. How do I do it and is it hard to do. I have heard it isn't all that easy, and where do I look for all aspects of McAfee when un installing.

Thanks so much

Cindy

I have no experience with Mcafee, but I would imagine it would be able to be removed from add/remove programs list.

I use tune up 2004 to uninstall all of my programs works good. I've installed and uninstalled mcaffe about 3 or 4 times using add/remove program list and it worked fine for me. I'm currently using mcaffe and I think my comp is slower with it but I'm not sure. did you comp seem slower when you installed it?

Removing McAfee, and install;ing Nortons

I have McAfee AV it came with my computer (Dell), I want to install Nortons AV, can I just remove McAfee thru Add/Remove programs and install Nortons or is it more entailed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have Nortons AV Prof. 2004.

Thanks again

Cindy

Well McAfee came with the computer and I haven't noticed a slow down of the system. Thanks for the answers I will go ahead and remove it. It seemed easy enuff but wanted to make sure.

Cindy :)

Ive noticed a huge slowdown with McAfee and a slight slowdown with Norton. Im using a free AV called AVG. Works just as good as both McAfee and Norton, and catches the same amount of stuff. And the best thing is, its FREE:)

Thanks MicroBell...I used the add/remove program and was able to un-install all of McAfee and now have Nortons. Thanks everyone who answered me....

Youir all a huge help not to mention a wealth of information for a "Kinda Newbie" :)

Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom