Hard Drive Format Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrserv0n

Baseband Member
I have an 80gb IDE Maxtor and a 30GB IDE WD. I am in storage trouble so I pulled them from the closet.

The 30g has a Linux os on it and runs fine I just want to clear it to dump files on

The 80gb is empty

I have partition magic and I keep getting an error on BOTH drives when I try to format saying "Bad partition Error 100"

I googled it and it says to make a Boot disk and FDISK /MBR the drive. So I did.

It didn't seem to do anything. So I just want to format my **** hard drives FORMAT D: I mean where have those days gone?

Someone please help me out This partition magic program seems to be ruining my tables and drives. I just want an empty HD, that shows up in XP to dump files on.

try to format em with your xp cd, delete the partition and format em

or right click computer go to manage disk management and delete and format there.

ShackledPhoenix said:
If that doesn't work, totally wipe the drives with Boot and Nuke

Well Thank you for introducing me to boot and nuke that program is awesome however it told me 45 min into it that I have bad sectors and stopped the program. What can I do now?

Well, Your hard drive should not have any bad sectors on it, and can mean its starting to go out,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom