Physics Card??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
I was playing Rainbow Six Vegas online and somebody asked if anyone besides him had a physics card. I said no i didnt know what the **** it was well he said they make like tarps and ropes move in the wind?? I said ok well my 7600GT does that he said that the physics card made it better. Are these worth the money.

Absolutely not. They are supported by very few games. It doesn't justify the $230+ price tag, for just a little more eye candy. It's a physics processing unit (PPU), that calculates the physics of a game, which takes off some work load from the CPU....just like how the graphics cards takes off the graphics work load off the CPU. It makes things act more like they would in real life. Like water dripping or splashing, or like you said about ropes moving in the wind.

I duno but If you have the money then yes they are worth it especially on games Like Elder Scrolls Oblivion were it is very CPU demanding ( as it is graphically) So having physics card reduses strain alot.

Thanks

if your playing a game like oblivion then the physics card is still not worth it. if you have the money you can use it to upgrade to a better video card like a 7900gt for around the same price and you will be bale to play games like oblivion on moderately high settings

lol next theres going to be a processing card for harddrives to take the strain off the cpu and then one built in to ram and one each port so the information is sent interlaced or proggressive then jesus will eat chicken nuggets and sing cumbaya.

Matt

The G80 doesn't have a Physics card integrated into it, however it can use some of its 128 stream processors to calculate Physics while also processing the graphics. Dunno what's up with the R600. Theoretically, the G80 could be better at calculating physics than the PPU itself, given enough stream processors are devoted to it.

K M A N said:
I duno but If you have the money then yes they are worth it especially on games Like Elder Scrolls Oblivion were it is very CPU demanding ( as it is graphically) So having physics card reduses strain alot.

Thanks

Do some research, the only way the PPU will be usable if a game supports it, and very FEW games do, and oblivions not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom