Computer Won't Recognize 2GB SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyb

Beta member
Hi!

I recently purchased a 2GB Secure Digital (SD) card which I connect to my computer using a USB card reader. I use all types of flash cards up to 1GB on my computer with this card reader and it works fine. However, when I slide in my 2GB card absolutely nothing happens. It's as though the card reader has not even been plugged into the USB port. I tried using the same card reader and 2GB card on another computer and it recognized the card without a problem so I know it's not a problem with the card reader - it appears to be a problem with my motherboard or operating system. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

dannyb

I'm running:
Windows XP Professional SP2
Motherboard: Intel D865GBF
RAM: 1024 MB DDR 400 PC3200

sylwek,

Thanks for the reply! I recently updated to what appears to be the latest version of chipset drivers for my MB from the Intel website (version 6.3.0.1008). Unfortunately, it had no effect. I still cannot see a 2GB flash card. Do you or anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks!

dannyb

turtile,

Thanks for the response! Yes, I checked for the drive and it's not there. I plug in a 1 gb or smaller card and everthing works great but when I plug in a 2 gb card nothing happens.

dannyb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom