PocketPC/PDA Recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abram

Baseband Member
Hi. I am looking for a recommendation on a pocket PC. In my line of work I am on workstations and big iron, so never really felt the need for one of these little devices.

Basically I need a unit that does two things well and this is absolutely it:

1.) Surf the web wirelessly.
2.) Basical calendar/scheduling.

That's it. No phones, no games, no vids, no bells & whistles, etc.

Can anyone recommend a low-cost, no frills device that does the above? I don't really care what OS it runs (Win, Palm, Linux, etc.).

Many thanks!

I'de recommend the Dell Axim x30. At least that's what I use...
500011d67a6sm7.jpg

The device is:
  • Sleek
  • Fast
  • Bright Screen
  • Good default battery (2.5 hours, alot more with screen turned down and WiFi off)
  • Stable
  • Good quality speaker and Microphone
  • Fast WiFi and Bluetooth
  • Cheap
...you can also take a look at Dell's current PDAs here. Though, the x30 has better specs than the lower end x50 and x51, the only one better than the x30 at 624mhz is the x51v. Which also has a VGA screen which is the newer technology. It has twice the pixels a standard Pocket PC or Palm screen has in the same amount of screen. Otherwise, the QVGA (320x240) works just find and doesn't look bad... (keep in mind the x51v cost about $500 and the x30 is about $200-350 now)

Also be sure to look at this article.

Though Dell doesn't even seem to have the Axims anywhere on their site anymore... you could find one easily, or even contact Dell and request one. Theres always EBay if all else fails :)

...and even if you do get a different Pocket PC I'm going to still have to recommend you some awesome Pocket PC Programs :)...I could go on and on but I'm not :)
Here are also some cool Pocket PC websites:
FreeWarePPC
PocketGamer
PocketGear
PPC4ALL
PDAGeek
PDAGold

Hope this helps :)

[edit]
Just realised you said just for Web and Calender. Well then, the x30 should do just about what you need. It's always nice to have a 624mhz cpu in them, because if you don't they can lag really bad loading webpages...[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom