RAM Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neodr31

Baseband Member
Hey guys, i'm in the process of trying to upgrade my RAM from 1GB(2 x 512) to a 2GB set up. Now using cpu-z on the memory tab it says the frequency of the memory is 200mhz. Am i right in thinking that because this is dual channel it is actually 400mhz?

I know that when upgrading RAM it must be of the same speed and type to work, i know the type is DDR but i'm a little hesistant to buy incase the speed is wrong. If i was to buy i would get another 2 sticks of 512mb, at 400mhz. I can get a picture of the CPU-Z screen if anyone has experience with this utility and could help.

Thanks in advance guys.

PS. Didn't know wether to post this is General or High Performance, probobly not very hardcore for some of you, but i dont think many general PC's would have 2GB :p

The RAM speed is 200mhz, but DDR stands for dual data rate, so it can effectively run at twice that speed, equaling 400mhz.

Thanks man.

So this means that my RAM at the moment is 400MHZ, so buying more 400MHZ wont be a problem?

The RAM you're looking for is DDR400, that's all you need to know. I sent you a PM by the way since I happen to be selling a gig of corsair value select DDR400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom