USB Memory Card Reader Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

securitymonster

Beta member
I have tried numerous memory card readers and they don't work on my machine. I have 4 ports on the back and 1 on the front. None of them will work. When I click it in, it makes the sound, recognizes it as a usb mass storage device, and then asks to install the driver. I click the recommended search and it searches but then comes up saying "invalid data" or something.

But, I can plug that same memory card reader into my laptop and it works just fine. Another thing that is funny is on the computer with usb issues, i can plug in a digital camera via usb and it works just fine.....

What can I do?

Its a dell computer and i don't think i have the cd any longer, could I possibly find the chipset drivers online at dell?

Not sure off hand, its my neighbors and I will be there again this evening. Just your standard Dell Pent. 4, 2.66ghz, XP Home computer. Its probably a dimension and its probably 2 years old.

Perfect, thank you. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the quick response too!

If anybody else has some ideas, please let me know as I will be working on this later this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom