Some problems with a new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
I just finished building a new computer for someone and it is having some problems. He said that like 8 minutes into playing fear it froze and the system restarted and when he was playing music it froze also. What are some things I should look at? My first guess was to make sure the video card wasn't overheating. But what else could it be?

My guess is a bad driver for the video card. If you installed the driver that came on the disc with it, then download the latest driver for it.

Also run memtest on it for a few hours, if you see any it could be the RAM. Tell him to check his Event Viewer right when it crashes and report the error code back to us.

Yes more info please. That is like when people come to the pharmacy and say "I have a headache, why?" Well, it could be your hydration status, or you could have a brain tumor.....

Does it restart without BSOD? I doubt it is memory. Sounds to me like the GPU is overheating. If you have it overclocked, I would reset the card to stock timings and then run FEAR and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom