Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam.S

Solid State Member
Hi guys i recently got my comp updated with ram etc anyways my computer started freezing etc and no error msgs just games and when i started it up it froze etc 50% of the time. Anyways i took the new ram out as i thought it wasnt compatible even know they said it was but ive had problem with ram before... i broke most of my ram slots as the fuker wouldnt go in but i went back and they put the new ram in a slot so im left just with the new ram 512mb chip.

Any idea what is causing this? sometiems i turn the comp on aswlel and it wont go on just thelight goes on teh motherboard but cpu doesnt start that happens sometimes.

Thanks for any helpful advice

try downloading memtest there's a version in my sig below you can burn the image to dvd or cd or as it says go to the authors site and get the floppy version, after all the problems you had with DIMM slots it seems that is whats wrong. You did realise ram only goes in 1 way right? never force it too much! Do you get any BIOS beeps when it doesn't turn on?

no bios beeps. I think if ukd the motherboard and **** who knows iLl take it to the shop tommorow leave it there they can fix it

i d.loaded mem test but dont hav any idea on how to use it

you put memtest on the floppy or cd drive then leave it in and reboot the computer, if its a floppy it should load up if its a cd you will have to go into your BIOS and change the boot order to:

1.cd rom
2.hard drive

then it will say press any key to run cd you press a key and it`ll run.

fuk it i got no floppys thanks anyway i think its fukd. If the motherboard was snapped would it even turn on? I should of just got 1 big chip of ram instead of 2 512's i always have problem with ram

not noticeable but i prob chipd it who knows its fukd man freezing all the time and **** wtf never done this before i shld of never askd for more ram :mad: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom