Building a Gaming comp, advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everyone... let's address some things first though...

1) DON'T USE LINUX!!!! If your going to play games, linux will NOT support it.. Linux is only good if u r running a server, but anything else, (Like Games) it sucks! I've tried it before!
2) Do NOT get Shuttle... It sucks so bad! They might as well called it sh**!
3) I don't know on the video cards, it depends on what you play.. If u play counter-strike at all... go for the geforce, because CS won't support OpenGL that geforce has. If u play things like UT2003, and Quake, go for Radeon.. In my eyes, RADEON Rules the land; for now!
4) where the heck r u getting the cooling system and the 550watt PS for only $30 each? Price-Watch? That's a good deal!!

Well, that's all I have to say.. If u disagree with what I have said, plz tell me so I can do my homework and not say the things again and look stupid:)

Yup, thats the one, (cooling system) I'll look into the power supply deal, really hasnt been an issue to look into till now. Also, Cable or DSL? I currently Have dsl, so i might as well try that for the first month, and if I end up not liking it, as in my ping is higher then 100 mos the time, I'll asume its the DSL's fault considering my PC should not be slowing it down that much with a machine like that. I'll try, what next? The better DSL? or Cable, Cable wouldnt cost anything less or more, but the better DSL would.

Man, do you know what it feels like not be able to play really any games for a whole year!? I cant even play star craft! or my precious Diablo 2, or UT, and its mod Tactical ops. Its painful my friend, painful. So im reformating our hard drive :)

here is my experiences... U should go DSL, because it gives u ur own dedicated bandwidth line.. I've never had lag! But with cable, ur bandwidth is spread out amoung many people, so u can have slow days (like friday and saturday), but u can have really fast days... But my opinion is stick with DSL! I've never had problems...

I have cable and it's not much of a problem here, even if most people in the neighborhood are on - with proper traffic routing manuvers, such can be accomplished.

And to really experience DSL at its max., if you're one of those type of people, you would happen to be lucky if you lived near the CO.

1.5Mbit downstream, plus the upload is sometimes worst than cable (some ISP's offer only 64-256Kbps upload) is the highest speed residential DSL you can go with, where as cable has many variants, some even offering up to 10Mbit downstream.

On the plus side though, DSL is generally more physically secure, as it is less susceptible to eavesdropping and misuse.

i think overall, it just depends on where u live, and what ur preferance is, and what games u play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom